Michael Leslie wrote:

> I am looking for some case studies or reports on the use of ITC and the
> > Internet in democratization projects in Africa.
> > Thanks.

There is a full case study: 'Community Development And
Democratisation Through Information Technology: Building the New
South Africa' in the recently-published 'Reinventing Government in the
Information Age' (Routledge, 0-415-19037-1).  The book also includes a
case study on the use of IT in government reform in Uganda, Ghana and
Zimbabwe.  Additionally, there is a case analysis of the relationship
between ICT and democracy.

Further details from me ([log in to unmask]) or from:
http://www.man.ac.uk/idpm/rgia.htm

Richard

Dr Richard Heeks
Senior Lecturer, Information Systems & Development
Institute for Development Policy & Management
University of Manchester
Precinct Centre
Manchester  M13 9GH  U.K.
Phone: +44-161-275-2870  Fax: +44-161-273-8829
Email: [log in to unmask]
IDPM Web: http://www.man.ac.uk/idpm