j p maher wrote:

There are places in Switzerland and France named MARTIGNY. You have to ascertain their etymology and then see if connected to Furlan MARTIGNAC.

Before Rome, Friuli was Venetic and Retic, rather than Celtic.

I think Prof Pellegrini can guide you to toponomasticians whom you can consult.

best

j p maher