MARTIGNAC is the native Furlan form.
When the Italians reached the region in 1866 italianised a lot of the
place names without a specific rule. e.g. DEDEA'>Adegliacco.
Everything I say is my postulate.(everything not historically attested).
After the protestant reform the Church simply smashed down all the
reminiscence of the pagan heritage.
About S.MARTIN I am saying that the places once called MARTIN became
S.MARTIN after what we called contrareform.
I am tryng to find Mr. Pellegrini's e-mail address.

==
Alberto Fedrigotti
Via Monte Hermada 46/6
I-33100 Udine
tel.(0)(432) 46355

I like a view but I like to sit with my back turned to it.
--Gertrude Stein