hello AFRIKers,

> Patrick..is of the view that...we set a message size
> limit of, say, 50K..
>
> Others may disagree.. The question is do we
> want to continue to allow attachments..? .
>
> Lets get some more soundings on this in the usual Afrik-it spirit.

i vote for no list limitations on the presence of attachments, but a size
limit on messages distributed to list subscribers. on the dozen or so lists
that i administer, i find that if you ZIP something you can fit just about
anything important into 150K. anything larger than that should be posted for
access via WWW or FTP and then a URL should be posted to a list with a short
description of contents.

best, eric