Anant Verma wrote:

> Why do we need the well formed documents when a DTD associated with the document can
> provide us better insight about the content of the document.

DTDs do give better insight about the document, but such insight is not always necessary.  For example, consider Web browsers.  Although I suppose they could do more in the future, all these currently want to do is display documents.  For this, they don't need a DTD or any insight into the document's contents -- all they need is a style sheet telling them how to display the document.

-- Ron Bourret