From: Már Jónsson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 1998 12:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: XML vocabulary, TEI or EAD?

Charles Muller states that he is using TEI with XML "in my XML-based
lexicons." I would be more than interested in knowing how that is being
done since there is no official version as yet of the TEI-DTD for XML,
only for SGML. The last time I asked people involved in the Text
Encoding Initiative about this they said that quite a few undone things
would come before the XML-isation of the DTD (and, I guess, the tags).

I am just starting a project with Icelandic and Danish documents,
letters and diverse texts from the period 1570-1730 and really want to
use TEI and XML. Their apparent non-compatibility because of the lack of
DTD has worried me, but there may be a simple solution.

Hoping to learn something about this,
Mar Jonsson
Assistant professor of history
University of Iceland