To my knowledge the more advanced SGML/XML content management systems
such as Texcel's Information Manager (http://www.texcel.se/im2pb.htm)
can handle your examples. Of course these are neither public search
engines nor plug-ins.

What would be really nice IMO would be to have a standard way of
expressing such queries to let me query the information without having
to know what software is holding the information and learn the
proprietary APIs. I hope that the QL'98 - The Query Languages Workshop
(http://www.w3.org/TandS/QL/QL98/) will get this work started.

It's really a pity that good open standards and nice ideas don't turn
into free running code overnight. :)

/Fredrik Lindgren