Can someone explain how close is DTD to object modelling, i.e can I
consider different DTD's as different objects and combine them to form a
single document.
    And how much can we normalise DTD's , for eg I have a system which
has 'project' as an element and 'task' as an element within it, so I can
create a DTD like
<!ELEMENT Project(Task)>
<!ATTLIST Project code #CDATA #REQUIRED>
<!ELEMENT Task(Code)>
   and so on. But this means that I will have to specify the project
code at least once to specify the tasks within it, when instead we could
create another document specifying the project code and task codes
within it ,and then just mentioning the task code in the main document
which can identify the project code since task codes are also unique.

Can someone help

Thanks
Jerry