>I have an Entity declaration that was developed from an SGML DTD, and I'm
>hoping to make it compatible with XML.  Can someone help me?
>
><!ENTITY % ISOlat1  PUBLIC  "ISO 8879-1986//ENTITIES Added Latin 1//EN">
>%ISOlat1;
><!ENTITY % ISOnum   PUBLIC  "ISO 8879-1986//ENTITIES Numeric and Special
>Graphic//EN">
>%ISOnum;
>
>I keep getting a 'white space' error in IE 5.0 beta 2 when I use this in my
>DTD.

Entity declarations must include a system identifier. Either instead of the
public identifier or as well as:

eg
<!ENTITY % ISOlat1 SYSTEM "isolat1.pen">
or
<!ENTITY % ISOlat1 PUBLIC "..." "isolat1.pen">

I don't know if that's what IE is complaining about, though.

James
--
James Tauber / [log in to unmask] / www.jtauber.com
Associate Researcher, Electronic Commerce Network

Maintainer of : www.xmlinfo.com,  www.xmlsoftware.com and www.schema.net