Sabine Zumpe asked:

> My next question: How shall I begin with my DTD ?
> I have the law texts at home but the structure seems st every law
> diffent.

Although it isn't XML-oriented, a text which I have found extremely
helpful on the subject of document analysis and DTD design is:

Eve Maler and Jeanne El Andaloussi, Developing SGML DTDs: From Text
to Model to Markup (Prentice Hall, 1996)

It develops quite a thorough methodology for the document analysis
process, with a lot of examples. Bear in mind, however, that the
sections which address the actual encoding of the DTD are SGML-based
and employ some features which are not available in XML. There are
many XML-specific titles appearing on the market, some of which may
also address this area.

Pete Johnston
Pete Johnston (Effective Records Management Project)
Archives & Business Records Centre
University of Glasgow
77-81 Dumbarton Road
Glasgow G11 6PP   E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Scotland, U.K.    URL:

Tel:  (UK) 0141 339 8855 ext. 2166 or (UK) 0141-330-4159
Fax:  (UK) 0141-330-4158