I don't think this is quite the case. For example the left frame of the
Shakespeare page is a pure xml file (xml/navigation.xml). If you load it
into your IE5B2  there is no source to see, I guess because it does not
understand how to show the source when it is xml? However if you open the
page in an older version of Netscape you can see that it is pure xml
source, a fragment of it looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<?xml:stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="../xsl/navigation.xsl" ?>

                        <name>All's Well That Ends Well</name>
                        <name>As You Like It</name>

And you can also look at the xsl file a fragment of which looks like:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="">
        <xsl:template match="/">
                <xsl:apply-templates />

        <xsl:template match="navigation">
                                <!cript type="text/JScript">

IE5B2 is displaying this pure xml with no HTML being created on the server.

So it is true that not all the pages in the site are XML, but many of them are.

At 11:28 AM 12/3/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Unfortunately, both Shakespeare and the Annotated Spec, great though they
>both are, are really HTML generated from XML.
>How about a "pure" (dread word) XML site where XML would be visible where

Dan Sullivan
Danal Technology Inc