I said:
> > I think that's because I have a hard time imagining why anyone would
> > want to do this :-) I'm obviously missing something here.
> >

> Have a look at Web DAV from IETF. They are using HTTP to send and receive XML
> information.

No, I didn't mean I had a problem with using HTTP to send or receive
XML.  That wasn't the point. I couldn't see why anyone would want to
use an XML client to send an XML file to a server for validation. I can
see a need for remote validators such as we have HTML validators now,
for people who don't have validating editors or clients, but the
original author seemed to think that sending every XML file to a server
specifically for validation would be an everyday event, whereas I would
guess it will be as rare as hens' teeth.

///Peter