> I've been investigating the potential for finding a better way to markup an
> annotated bibliography and guide to archival resources on the History of
> Jewish Women in America. After examining EAD and talking with a few
> experienced EAD implementors, I've been steered elsewhere.
>
> Can y'all take a look at:
> http://www.library.wisc.edu/libraries/WomensStudies/jewwom/jwmain.htm
>
> I'm not sure if there is any XML vocabulary that would be right for marking
> his up. It's also been suggested that I use TEI. Is it XML compatible?

TEI would be a good choice. TEI Lite is available in an XML version,
but the full TEI (which you might need if you want annotations and
other markup in more depth) is SGML only right now. Doing the master
(repository) copy in full TEI/SGML might be a good idea, because it's
so stable, and converting to XML or other things as and when required.

///Peter