We are working on Microsoft's DNAfs initiative, a framework for
interoperability among financial services software vendors. The parameters
of all the method calls are specified in XML. This means that there is an
XML representation of context, request and response as well as an XML
representation of the business objects. XML was chosen for its flexibility
and extensibility.
Cheers,
David vun Kannon