Joe Lapp <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> At 11:36 PM 12/2/98 +0000, Peter Flynn wrote:
> >[...]
> >I'm still not clear on why you're sending anything to a server.
> >There's nothing to stop a client reading one XML file plus its XSL
> >stylesheet ("transformation sheet") and creating a new document
> >dynamically.
>
> Don't know what this particular fellow has in mind, but we base a
> business on sending XML files to the server (and getting XML files
> back).

Sorry, I thought I had already posted a correction to this. There's
nothing unusual about sending XML to a server -- quite the contrary --
but s/he was asking if ALL XML files HAD to be sent to a server to
have them VALIDATED, which is not the case, and I wanted to find out
how someone had managed to get hold of the idea that it was.

///Peter