I don't think that this sort of option is going to work very well. There
are way too many DTDs out there to worry about trying to associate the
millions of elements to predefined roles. Metadata will solve most of the
problems and knowledge of a DTD or use of common structures will help
with the rest.

Yes, well-formed XML documents would make DTD association quite useless.
That's another reason why we have to take the route defined above and
previously.

Richard.

> Exactly-- it seems that a tag library could work, or the DTD declaration
> in the XML instance--namespaces and/or all--could be read by a search
> engine to know what sorts of search options are available--e.g., via
> pull-down options, etc.--as long as the DTD is public/system identified.
>
> Is this viable?
>
> jr

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<INFO>