[Roger L. Costello]
> On the second line I have specified the stylesheet to use.  My question
> is with regards to that line:  that line is stating that "stylesheet" comes
> from the "xml" namespace.  However, nowhere is the xml namespace declared,
> i.e.,
>     xmlns:xml="http://www.w3.org/TR/xml"
>
> Am I to assume then that the xml namespace is always (implicitly)
> declared and everything in it is available?  Or, should the line
> have included a namespace declaration:

The XML namespace is implicitly declared, though I can't find a formal
reference for this.  The XML spec says that names beginning with 'xml'
are reserved for itself and future versions; it uses xml:space and
xml:lang without any namespace declaration.

But it should be formally stated in the namespace doc (hey, Tim!) that
the xml: namespace does not need declaration and that xml* namespaces
are reserved.

-Chris