I would suggest DTD fragments, as opposed to merely tag names. That would
solve the problem you are suggesting. Yes, I do believe that such
initiatives have been established, but I have not investigated them, as
may be obvious by my postings.

To restate, I think that these libaries would

1. aid in DTD creation, as structures such as lists, links and tables
would be available for introduction, possibly after modification, into DTDs

2. aid in conformance to common names for like structures, which would be
particularly useful for searching

Richard.