On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Richard Lander wrote:

> users won't know which elements to search for. You may have defined your
> author element as 'author', but I may have defined it as 'auth' or
> <PERSON role="author">. We could establish a
> tag library, with standardized element names for search engines, or rely
> on RDF. Comments?
>
> Richard.

Exactly-- it seems that a tag library could work, or the DTD declaration
in the XML instance--namespaces and/or all--could be read by a search
engine to know what sorts of search options are available--e.g., via
pull-down options, etc.--as long as the DTD is public/system identified.

Is this viable?

jr