Sharon Brennan said:

I don't know of a source for the music, but a

nice version of the song is on Frank Patterson's

"Ireland's Best Loved Ballads",, available from Rego

Records. It sounds like an art song, rather than

traditional music, but it's very nice.

Oh Frank is a classically trained tenor who is not  Traditional at all -- he
does great work in the arena in which he performs  -- played the part of the
Tenor in the movie The Dead - Sang for the pope when he was in Ireland etc..
but I could never picture him singing  the Valley near Slivenamon in someones
kitchen - even though he is a Tipperary man..

All the best,

Jim C