Paul G.M. wrote
>That would've been Cillian Vallely, I'd wager, on pipes, in Matt Murphy's.
Not
>enough room for a big session --- sits maybe three, but a decent pint, and
>very very good food.
>(Used to live around the corner .... now I'm up the hill from Rounder and the
>Burren.
>Not a bad place, this Boston.) Shay Walker usually runs the session in there
>--- I'm  curious as to who the fiddler was, maybe George Keith? Alan
>Loughnane?   ---pg

        Matt Murphy's it was.  Towards the end of my visit that evening, with
1st-cousin-once-removed Karl who had never heard anything so marvelous as
this Music and who kept crashing into Cillian's pipes -- if it was Cillian
-- a few other players drifted in, upping the number to five.  The
onlookers numbering thrice that made for a very comfortable, pleasant and
appreciative gathering.  And the shepherd's pie bears mentioning once again.
        The fiddler, as you could permissibly have inferred from the word "pretty"
in my post, without any danger of being labeled sexist except by the most
suspicious types, was a female.  At that point, 1996, she would have been
around 21 years of age, with a margin of error of three years in either
direction, the lighting being what it was.  A good young fiddler.  If I
ever get that good, I will consider it a blessing, a miracle, far too big a
payoff on my paltry investment, or simply a mistake.  She gave me her name,
which I've forgotten.
Jeffrey Erickson

"There is no new way to play Irish music."
Paddy O'Brien of Co. Offaly