At 16:52 1998-11-25 -0000, you wrote:

>is it on the Web site that I can find an introductory "step-by-step" guide
>for approaching Y2K issues in the private sector?

The Cinderella website is designed for this purpose.
From the main page at http://www.cinderella.co.za/cinder.html
read the "Cinderella Method".
Then have a look at the [Small Business - SME section] and read the Case Study.
This covers most aspects for private sector businesses that run off PC's and
LAN's. Mainframes, AS/400 and Unix based systems need a slightly different
approach.
Chris Anderson          email:                       [log in to unmask]
Y2K Cinderella Project          [log in to unmask]
http://www.cinderella.co.za             Striving for Year 2000 Compliance