In message <[log in to unmask]>, Jeff Cochrane writes:

> The Congressman is probably talking about USAID's "New Management
> System" which is essentially a global procurement and accounting
> network serving essentially USAID's internal operations.

Yes. And?

> How USAID is coping with Y2K problems pertaining to its contractors
> and grantees in Africa and elsewhere is, it seems to me, a completely
> separate issue, since that activity is managed by a completely separate
> department with completely different people.

Now that's a statement that I suggest one lets disolve on one's tongue
very very slowly :-)-O

> I do find it interesting that the world press focuses primarily
> (exclusively?) on USAID's internal Y2K problem.

I find it interesting that USAID focuses primarily (exclusively?) on
the world's external Y2K problems.

el
--
Dr. Eberhard W. Lisse\         /                 Swakopmund State Hospital
<[log in to unmask]>         *        |                  Resident Medical Officer