FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                               October 3, 1998

DIRECT INQUIRIES TO:  Christopher Byrne, + 1 706 208 8863

IDN Applauds the Use of Lotus Notes Technology as the World Bank Unveils
Dramatically Overhauled Web Site

Athens, Georgia, USA, October 3, 1998 (IDN) -- The World Bank Group has
unveiled its newly re-engineered web site located at the web address of
http://www.worldbank.org/.

The site has been redesigned to provide a much more intuitive
user-interface and navigation tools are presented in an easy to follow
fashion.

"I am truly impressed by the redesign of this site", says Christopher
Byrne, Director of the International Development Network.  "It sets a
standard that all development web sites, including ours, should look to
emulate.  Of course if we had the budget of the World Bank, that might
be an easier task."

An initial review of the site shows the use of both conventional HTML
and Lotus Notes/Domino technologies.

"There is no better tool than Lotus Notes for medium to large
organizations involved in international development.  The efficiency and
security of Notes can improve internal communications and workflow, and
tremendously reduce the recurring communication and mailing costs
associated with overseas operations", says Byrne.  "Over the next 4-6
months we will be looking to move our web site to a Notes-based
environment."

There are a number of Development organizations that use Lotus Notes
technologies including the Canadian International Development Agency,
the International Committee of the Red Cross, World Vision, and others.

"Lotus Notes provides the necessary tools to manage your documents and
workflow and to present information through Intranets, Extranets and on
the Internet", adds Byrne.

The IDN offers Lotus Notes Application Development and Deployment
Services, Web Site Design and Hosting, and provides a Development News
and Information Service at http://www.idn.org/.

The IDN is a non-profit corporation located in the state of georgia,
USA. For more information on the International Development Network,
please contact Christopher Byrne at + 1 706 208 8863 or by e-mail at
[log in to unmask]  The web site for the IDN is http://www.idn.org/

END

Lotus Notes and Domino are registered trademarks of the Lotus
Development Corporation.