Thsi was sent to me by one of our most senior academics. I though you
guys might enjoy it given the ongoing debate on both these lists.

Henry

> An article from this weeks UK edition of Computer
> Weekly
> Published by Reed Business Information Ltd
>
> "Bill's bills cost him dear"
>
> "The battle between WindowsNT and the increasing
> popular free operating system Linux has taken an
> unexpected twist.  It seems Microsoft boss Bill
> Gates has unwittingly given the rival system a
> significant boost.  Gates is building an
> impressive mansion in Medina, Washington.  But the
> building work is causing so much extra work for
> Medina council, that it has had to upgrade its IT
> system.  The solution?  In the interests of cost
> and efficiency, it has switched from Microsoft, to
> a Linux based document management system."
>
> The phrase "Poetic justice" springs to mind......

"Ed Yardini is an optimist! He thinks there is only a 70% chance of a y2k triggered recession!"
Subscribe to the IT Digest, an information resource from Wits Univ.
Send e-Mail to [log in to unmask]  with SUBSCRIBE ITDIGEST
and {your_user_id} in the body followed by END on the next line.
Henry C Watermeyer                         'Phone +27-11-716-3260/8000
Director - Computer & Network services     Fax    +27-11-339-1225
University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
P/Bag 3, Wits 2050, South Africa           mobile +27-(0)82-800-8862
                 //SunSITE.Wits.ac.za      //WWW.Wits.ac.za