Do you teach or study information systems?  Do you have access to the
Web?

If so, then you are welcome to use a Web page of online information
systems demonstrations that I've set up:
http://www.man.ac.uk/idpm/isdemo.htm

There are examples of MIS, DSS, expert systems, GIS, EIS/data
mining, intranet, ecommerce, GDSS and groupware. My choice was made
largely on the basis of something that was quick, clear and simple to
get into (and links that worked at the time of writing!)

The bad news is that none of the demonstrations are Africa-specific,
and many are US, private sector-oriented.  There is also a link to a
page with more demos for downloading for those who find the Web too
costly or slow.

Richard Heeks

Dr Richard Heeks
Lecturer, Information Systems & Development
Institute for Development Policy & Management
University of Manchester
Precinct Centre
Manchester  M13 9GH
U.K.