Dear ITs,

I have been going around talking to several local computer companies
here in Ethiopia concerning Y2K. It is  quite interesting that a lot of
them are aware of the problem and could do a lot to help. BUT nobody is
prepared to fund them!!

There are many able local programers that need to be supported.
If UNDP is interested in supporting then the best way would be creating
a means of supporting the local private companies.

My experience with UNDP has been here in Ethiopia has been positively
interesting but more is needed.

What I find difficult understanding is for some people to think that
they could visit Africa and slove the problems overnight.

Menghestab Haile