> > Industry standard is one 28,8kbps modems for each 8 unlimited
> > access (no volume or time charges) PPP customers.
>
> There is no insdustry standard. None whatsoever. In particular not one
> that us unlimited. In the US most ISPs do that, perhaps, but elsewhere...

I am not sure I am competent to comment on industry standards, but here in
Swaziland we are achieving a consistent no-busy tone record with significantly
fewer than one modem per eight unlimited-access dial customers.  (We have
also standardised on 33,600 bps modems, until we implement the V90
standard at least.)

--------
Graham Matthews
UUNET Internet Africa (Swaziland)
http://www.iafrica.sz

Find me in the Swaziland Email Directory
http://www.directory.sz/email