Pierre Dandjinou,
I would like to encourage you in your efforts to share the plans,
knowledge, strategies, tools, estimates, and approaches for managing the
Y2K issue across the continent.  Given the breadth and scope of the task
each country faces, the more effective your efforts to leverage each
other's experiences and plans are the greater chances you'll have for
success.  Across the globe, companies and countries are all finding it
increasingly difficult to manage the Y2K efforts with resources that are
insufficient and in high demand.

I would encourage the development of an African Y2K Committee, with
representation from each participating country.  This committee could
act as the focal point for knowledge sharing and strategy development.
There are and will continue to be many lessons to learn and share with
one another, and such a formal structure could facilitate some of that
exchange.

Just a few thoughts, from an interested individual.  By the way, I am
Patrick Gerdes, an IT consultant, and a manager of an Internet
Engineering group in the states.

Thanks,
Patrick

Patrick F. Gerdes