=Date:          Sat, 16 May 1998 22:28:15 EDT
=From:          Aphcanel <[log in to unmask]>
=Subject:       Y2k tool
=To:            [log in to unmask]

Good morning.

I am sure you are going to get many replies but we have selected a
tool which looks as if it will meet all our requirements.

=Is there a single tool that can enable me to:
=1- Test the PC as a piece of hardware (BIOS, RTC, OS, etc..)

Does that

=2- Inventory the applications on the PC

Does that

=3- Scan the applications (excel spreadsheets, databases, etc...) for date
=issues.

It scans packages versions against a know list, some 7500, versions
in the version I have so far but the update goes to 22000, or so I am
told.

=
=If such tool exist and if you've tested it, please contact me at

This is Greenwich Mean Times Check 2000 product.

=I know that companies are offering tool to deal with each one of the items
=above.
=Could you please share with me your experience regarding the one you've worked
=with.

We are just starting but it looks good so far.

Henry

=They are myriads of them out there and I don't want to start from scratch,
=Are any of the tools easy to automate (for example install in a server
=environment )
=thanks for your cooperation.
=Celine
=

      CITTE 98 at url http://www.unisa.ac.za/events/citte98/

Subscribe to the IT Digest, an information resource from Wits Univ.
Send e-Mail to [log in to unmask]  with SUBSCRIBE ITDIGEST
and {your_user_id} in the body followed by END on the next line.
Henry C Watermeyer                         'Phone +27-11-716-3260/8000
Director - Computer 7 Network services     Fax    +27-11-339-1225
University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
P/Bag 3, Wits 2050, South Africa           mobile +27-(0)82-800-8862
//SunSITE.Wits.ac.za      //WWW.Wits.ac.za