>>> Dr Eberhard W Lisse <[log in to unmask]> 04/03 11:40 AM >>>
Should we developing countries accept that USAID conducts foreign
assistance and humanitarian aid to advance the political and economic
interests of the United States?
RE: Dr. Eberhard W. Lisse question

"Should we developing countries accept that USAID conducts foreign
assistance and humanitarian aid to advance the political and economic
interests of the United States?"

May I ask the question that was not asked:

"In spite of the fact USAID (and those that receive USAID funds) conducts
foreign assistance and humanitarian aid to advance its agenda (...the polit
ical and economic interest of the US), do any of the USAID sponsored
IT-related programs provide any real help in Africa?"

I've been feeling extremely guilty reading the comments on this list, since I
work for one of those USAID funded agencies. Before I pack up my bags a
nd go looking for a new job with some outfit that really does some good (or
at least pays one of those big-bucks US salaries that I keep hearing abou
t <g>), I figured that I better ask if the all work we are doing is really
that bad.

Thanks,

Bill Lester [AVSC International]