Greetings Afrik-ITers!

Chris Anderson points to the Microsoft Y2K info site.  I was
particularly interested to note that Microsoft has info on how to
deal with components that are not Microsoft products, like the BIOS
issue.  They observe that the biggest exposure to Y2K problems will
be those who have contracted for custom coded applications -- mainly
larger businesses.

It is worth reviewing the Microsoft site, which is written (I
think!) in plain English.

Chris writes:

> I say apparently, because as a Netscape user, I am unable
> to see the page.

I had no problems using Netscape.  And I saw no unusual java script
embedded in the html.

Cheers!
Jeff @ Washington
http://www.info.usaid.gov/alnk