Hello,

I am new to this list.  I work at the Stockholm Environment Institute
on a global water resource management project involving a website
(http://www.gwpforum.org).  We have had many enquiries from
organizations in Africa who would like to get involved but have
limited or no access to the internet.  They do have e-mail, however,
and I have sent information on Webmail servers which has been
helpful.

I recently received a message from Kinya Munyirwa, the director of
Osienala (Friends of Lake Victoria) in Kenya ([log in to unmask]).
He is attempting to get internet access, but needs financial or
material assistance.  I know of Bellanet, the Canadian initiative,
and provided Kinya with this info.  If anyone knows of any other
projects intended to help with internet connectivity in Africa,
particularly for NGOs, I would be grateful for this information.  Of
course, you can also contact Kinya personally at the e-mail address
above.

Thanks in advance for any remarks or suggestions.  All are
appreciated!

Best wishes,

Natalie Pauwels
http://www.gwpforum.org