At 10:57 1998-04-16 -0400,  Steve Song  wrote:
>>From the "relentless attention to detail" department:
>The Microsoft Y2K page uses Javascript and checks whether the browser is
>IE4 or Netscape.

Nope. Happens long before any HTML is received. Finally boiled it down to
my refusal to accept cookies. I gave up analysing the full  TCP/IP trace
which shows the whole disaster.Too much effort for too little return.
Bit the bullet and installed IE.
If you can't lick em, join em. B>)

Chris Anderson          email:                       [log in to unmask]
Y2K Cinderella Project          [log in to unmask]
http://www.cinderella.co.za             Striving for Year 2000 Compliance