        Excellent, I'm glad to hear someone stand-up for farmers! My
undergraduate degree is in agricultural journalism.  I was raised on a
farm. Guess what, if you're celtic, your ancestors were also either
farmers or fishermen too..
        Agricultural producers are not the "ignoble savages" that urban
people would like to make us out to be.. I've run into just as much
ignorance in urban areas as in the rural districts.
        The image of the farmer as being the bare-footed rube in overalls
carrying a shotgun is about as accurate as the stereotype of all Irishmen
being alcoholic policemen or Tammany Hall politicians.
        I don't mean to give offense to anyone, however  agriculture is
THE  most important vocation. Aye,  remember the famine..

Toby Arnold Rider

"May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun be warm upon your face and may soft rains fall upon your
fields."

9th c. Old Irish Blessing