On Tue, 24 Dec 1996 12:44:56 PST Scott Robert Ladd
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>>Let's talk about the Faeries  and their link with the celtic people
>>where ever they go.
>
>I've always wondered how fairy folk handle migrations of their
>people. For example, how would a luprachan relate to Native
>American spirits like the ga'an?
>
>Would the different fairy races conflict, or would they find some
>accommodation?
>
>Or do the fairy folk, like most indigenous peoples, stay in their
>home territory?
>
>In other words, did luprachans, bean sidhe (banshees), and their like
>come to the New World?
>
>---
>Scott Robert Ladd
>
>[log in to unmask]    957 Empire Street
>voice: +1 970 387 0271      P.O. Box 617
>  fax: +1 970 387 0277      Silverton, CO 81433 USA

        This question also includes the banshee?  It is a widely known
myth that the banshee has followed celts even as far  the New World,
Australia  and Canada.
         They appear near the hour of death and howl, mourning the
impending death. The Highland clans believed that each clan had a
different banshee.  The banshee has been known  to appear either as a
comely young lass or an old shriveled hag.
        I apologize for not having a  good citation in reference to where
I read this. I could go back and find it, if necessary.
         Maybe one of the fine, indomitable Scotsmen on this list can
further elaborate on the travel patterns of the banshee.
        As for myself, I would rather much rather see the Blessed Virgin
Mary at the hour of my death.

Athbhliain faoi Mhaise,

Toby A. Rider