Mic,

       You forgot to mention his support of the Klu Klux Klan, including
historical texts written by him while a uvinersity professor, which portrayed
the clan as a legitimate organization protecting innocent white southerners
from the ravages of inherently violent freed slaves.
       His 'scholarly' work was used as source material for the novel 'The
Clansman', and the movie it inspired 'Birth of a Nation', which presented the
clan as crusading white knights.
Of course, we all know how virtuos knights get on crusades, just ask the
peoples of Jerusalem, Constantinople, and Russia.  I'm sure they'll tell you
all about it....

P. Thomas