Dear Dr Cross,

I decided to make the posting of last night (here) judging from the number of
mails you have sent to this list, and even to me personally. I got four of
such long documents. Of course, they went to /dev/null. I think at this
stage, this little information from me will help.

On the lighter side....
> Since you probably are typical of the members of the AFRIK-IT list.....
Guys with mustach, addicted to Coffee, struggling with Linux Elf Binaries.

And for something serious:
> Ironically kenaf is an African plant, domesticated in the SUDAN, about
> to become the biggest money crop in history to rival the soybean.

This is very important information. I passed it to the Agric Development
Project here. But that was initially when you made your first posting.

> non of the wealth about to be generated worldwide from kenaf will go to
> Africans or Africa. Kenaf will be the crop of choice for livestock feed
> in the tropics and for NONWOOD paper in the comming century.

The International Centre for Research in Agroforestry (ICRAF) operates out of
Kenya, so is the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI). The
operate in Ethiopia. These centres are committed to Woody species and large
or small ruminants. I know they will do a better job of Information Transfer
on Kenaf, than AFRIK-IT.

> saw no harm in posting to this list.

Honestly, no harm was done. I was more worried about being subscribed to
lists I do not want to be in. Try [log in to unmask] to understand what I
mean.

> I would like to see African farmers develop this crop so they will not
> have to watch their cattle die in the dry season and develop a money crop
> they can also uyse locally for rope, etc.

Get in touch with the following people immediately:
1. [log in to unmask]  The Director General, ICRAF, Nairobi - Kenya.
2. [log in to unmask]   The Director General, ILRI, Addis - Ethiopia.
3. [log in to unmask]   The Director General, ICRISAT, Niamey - Niger.
I am sure they will very much do justice to Kenaf, than AFRIK-IT. Since they
are also in Africa, for Africa to develop. Let us use the right tool for the
right job. We at least cannot all be all-in-all.

> Ten years from now, when Latin America is the biggest producer of
> kenaf products, you in Africa will be importing them.

Nigeria exports doctors to Saudi Arabia, and footballers to Europe. Economic
justice can only be won by free men, through free enterprise. But thanks for
your warning. A word we say, is enough for the wise. Not flooding lists.

I believe at this stage, we have drawn the curtains on this issue. Please let
us discuss any other issues privately, free from this list.

Regards and God bless.

Sunday A. Folayan