> While I like nemo's list of Web sites, and hope to see many more, I DO have
> fears of western domination.  ...

While you're worrying about that, you might reflect a little on a previous
paradigm shift, when Gutenberg came out with his printing press.  After
first denouncing it as the devil's machine, the priests accepted it to
print the Bible ... in Latin.  This should have assured the dominance
of the Roman Empire and its language, especially since those found with
a Bible in a 'vulgar' language met a sorry fate, their book desecrated.

As the Bible market leveled off, the devil found new tasks for these
idle hands: namely the printing of technical literature which helped
fuel the Reformation.

France's Louis XIV feared this disruptive element in his kingdom and
tried to destroy it.  The result was financial catastrophe for France,
many of these Huguenots moved to neighboring countries, making
Switzerland very happy by establishing the watch-making industry.
Others (with names like 'Terreblanche') went to South Africa and
started up wine-growing ... but that's another story.

So what happened to Latin and all those cultures it was supposed to
dominate and destroy?

Roger Wiesenbach
http://www.liber.net/law-france/