     I wouldn't say Internet is dominated, belongs to and soforth by
     Westeners.  It is for technical reasons mostly used by Europeans and
     North Americans.

     >To promote African culture would mean to counter this
     >Internet traffic with Africans promoting their  businesses.

        There is no reason why it couldn't be used by other worldinhabitants.
There is space and time enough for everybody.  So why counter something if it
has his values.

     Also, I noticed already 2 conferences which allow whoever, for a montly
fee, to offer his/her products on internet. The products I saw were very divers
: cars, medicine etc.  So there shouldn't be any problem for an african seller
to offer his products through internet to the rest of the world, when he has
acces to internet.

Greetings
Johan

        Manu Dibango is a great sax player.