Richard Chowning wrote:
> How much was the average American helped by space exploration and
> bio-technology research?  The Indirect help was enormous, so will the
> Indirect help from modern IT.

To know that those high temperature resisting metals used for space shuttle
re-entry vehicles are now being used for cooking pots, confirms our hopes for
IT in Africa.

Isn't the average American housewife benefitting from space research? Was
benefit to the housewife one of the objectives of space research? Is the
Internet not the result of research in defence Networking?

We may not leap-frog, we may not be able to put the anticipated benefits down
on paper, but those with vision can clearly see. James Watt never saw a steam
engine, he saw a lifting kettle top! His vision brought the locomotive.

Regards

Sunday A. Folayan