Hello netters,

> Abongwa Ndumu wrote:
> >
> >I'll go for the reverse effect here. I think we need to develop the
> >Internet in Africa to reverse western imperialism. If a lot Africans
> >have access to the Internet, we can start pumping bytes of African culture and
> >values to the rest of the world.
> >

> Which strata of African societies are you referring to?  "....a lot...."
> The elites in gov't and in universities?    Many of whom are Western
> educated, and are familiar with Western culture?  The peasants, to whom the
> internet means nothing, at least in its current form?

> Why don't you start right now?  "....start pumping bytes of African culture
> and values to the rest of the world."  Give us some examples, to illustrate
> your point.

I am hoping "a lot" of Africans (and this includes rural folk) will
have access to the Internet in the not too distant future [10-15years].
My hope is based on the the premise that I intend to be a player in
this Internet game when I complete my studies. I am willing to take
risks because I think I will help myself and hopefully help
others.

Although  I am familiar with western culture, I do not promote (or demote)
western culture. I promote African Culture/Way of life and surely the
Internet is one of many forms of media.
Check out these web sites:

Cameroonian pop music: Makossa:
http://www.ina.fr/Music/Pay/Cameroun.en.html

Zairean pop music: Soukous:
 http://www.africaonline.com/AfricaOnline/music/soukous/introduction.html

Rituals of the Westerns Grassfield of Cameroon:( Were I was born):
http://scitsc.wlv.ac.ac.uk/~cm9032/Cameroon.html

African football:
http://www.legends.org.za/authur/cafcup/htm

Felofu
 (This is my indeginous language which roughly translates to "wishing
you all the best" in English).
Abongwa Ndumu.