I would like to note that  anyone in Africa who has access to the Internet
can take this free course for Beginning Entrepreneurs thrOugh our mailing
list EAF-L.

The course is called "Carlos The Entrepreneur" and lessons will be posted
weekly on this list.

To subscribe for the list EAF-L

You are subscribing to the EcoAgroForestry (eaf) dash List (-l). After the
dash is the letter l. Here's the list address and complete information.

Feel free to subscribe to the list by sending an email to the address:

(That's eaf-l, the letter l, not the number one)

leaving the subject blank, and entering the line below in the body of the
message:

subscribe EAF-L (Your Name)

Here is an example:

subscribe EAF-L  Carol Cross

The welcome message will provide more details about the list...

 JOIN US ON EAF-L

An excerpt from the course.

CARLOS THE ENTREPRENEUR

LESSON ONE

This is a column feature of EAF-L Internet Mailing list for all
EcoAgroForestry Student entrepreneurs,  EcoAgroForestry entrepreneurs and
those who would like to start their own business as entrepreneurs. It will
include information on how to be a successful EcoAgroForestry entrepreneur.
There are two sections to each lesson.  The first part of every lesson
focuses on giving you the inner strength to take the risks to become an
entrepreneur. This part of the lesson is based on the story of  how an
entrepreneur named Carlos was able to achieve his goals by making
appropriate decisions every successful entrepreneur has made.  The second
part gives you the technical details you need to know for setting up your
entrepreneurial business.

Since EcoAgroForestry is focused on developing, sustainable environmental
businesses, we will focus our learning about business on Carlos, an
entrepreneur in Senama, a hypothetical country in Central America. Carlos
has decided to develop an environmental business based on collecting
agricultural and forest residues and  manufacturing fuel briquettes, selling
them locally and exporting in the future.

PART ONE OF THE LESSON

THE STORY OF CARLOS

Hi!  We are entering upon a very  important journey. Together we will learn
why it's important for an EcoAgroForestry student entrepreneur to understand
the characteristics of an entrepreneur and to cultivate them.

As you read the following story about Carlos and do the exercises, you gain
expertise in deciding who you will become. You can create whatever persona
you choose to develop. Choose who you want to be; then work within yourself
with positive words (called affirmations) and actions and become that.  As
you use what we call Self Potentiation Inspirationals, you control your
inner and outer environments.  Then you can succeed at whatever goals you
select.

                           Dr. Carol Cross

THE STORY OF CARLOS:   HOW TO GET STARTED IN A ECOAGROFORESTRY FUEL
BRIQUETTE  MANUFACTURING BUSINESS

SCENE ONE (S1):  CARLOS GOES HOME TO THE VILLAGE

S1 - Carlos was happy to be home in Senama, the  (hypothetical, composite)
Central American country he was born in. He was devoted to EcoAgroForestry,
his mother was an Indian and his father of mestizo descent.  It didn't
really matter in Senama. There were only two races in his country, the rich
and the poor.

After completing both his bachelors and masters degrees in Forestry at a
university in the USA, he was returning home to stay.  He had taken a job to
pay off his student loans.
He had driven a delivery truck for a take out pizza place. He was finally
free of worries over money.  But even more importantly, he had met all kinds
of people while delivering pizza. He had talked to anyone and everyone,
getting ideas about how Americans got rich in business. Carlos was ready.

Things to note and discuss -  Begin now to create the form* "CARLOS THE
ENTREPRENEUR." Each section of "things to note and discuss" will reveal the
characteristics of Carlos which are the characteristics you need to
cultivate in order to be a successful entrepreneur. By the time you finish
the story of Carlos, you should have most of the entrepreneurial
characteristics in written form.

1. Carlos was going home to stay.   What do you think were his reasons?

2. Carlos had taken whatever job he could get to earn money.   Why was
Carlos willing to do this?  Why was Carlos so willing to work. Are you or
the people you associate with every day as willing as Carlos was?

3.  Carlos talked to anyone and everyone.  Why was Carlos so eager to
communicate?  How many ideas do you think Carlos was able to pick up by
communicating so readily?
They are free to download the lessons, share them with their friends and family.
We will even make the lesson available to local newspapers to print if there
is an interest.

Sharing and Caring,

Dr. Carol
Carol Cross, PhD  EcoAgroForestry  Founder (501) 367-6127 (Ph)
2801 Olive, #35A, Suite 113                (501) 367-8736(FAX)
Pine Bluff, AR 71611                        Email: [log in to unmask]
Together we Can Create A Sustainable World  Through EcoAgroForestry
(Sustainable  Agriculture,  Sustainable Forestry and Rural AgroIndustrial
Development).  Form  Consortiums & Develop a  EcoAgroForestry Village
Business Incubator (VBI)  or Rural  Agroindustrial Center (RAIC), NOW!
Become an EcoAgroForestry  Entrepreneur and Regreen the EarthHome!