Hi Everyone,
I am a new subscriber to this list. So please pardon my ignorance. I am
in the process of writting a project on the Trends, Potentials and
Barriers to Connectivity in Africa. I have found the discussions on this
list most informative and thought provoking. The free exchange of
constructive ideas (across all boundaries) on this list is a
reminder of what Africa can gain from IT.

I have read (and really appreciated) reports and comments on various
iniatives such as the Leland Initiative. However, being ill-informed
about the backgrounds and objectives of some of them, I sometimes get
confused about what's going on.

In this connection, I would be most grateful if someone could kindly
give me more information on the various initiatives for IT development
in Africa. More specifically, I need information on thier background,
objectives and achievements so far. Thanks in advance.

best regards,
Modu.