Ben Morrill writes:

> There is one drawback however, under any circumstances shall a
> person transmit data that pertains to business matters on amateur
> radio.

That's a USA and Canada regulation, yes?  Does that rule apply in
Cameroon or Gabon?

If it does apply, aren't there other frequencies where a license is
required and business traffic is permitted?

> Excuse if I am wrong here but, when I saw the subject line
> as:Packet Radio I automatically thought of amateur radio.

I was refering to packet radio, which is popular in some circles on
the amateur bands in the USA and Canada.

Regards,
Jeff @ Washington, DC USA

AfricaLink -- http://www.info.usaid.gov/alnk
Tel 1-703-235-5415