On Thu, 07 Mar 1996 14:53:59 -0500 you wrote:

>periods on phone numbers. definatly periods.

>718.555.4299

>just my prefrence - its the whole idea of economy & simplicity - one
>symbol for both text and number seberation.

On the other hand, since we tend to manipulate data directly more and
more often, do the periods muck up ATDT dial commands for modems?
(I've not bothered to try, I must admit). Spaces and hyphens are OK,
which are why I tend to use them to the exclusion of all else in
punctuating phone numbers.

-dh
--
Don Hosek                          [log in to unmask]
909-621-1291                       fax: 909-625-1342