Don Hosek wrote:

>Ooh, British Israelism (wacky) and the TIbet trip (goofy) all in the
>same message. I'll admit to being ready to dismiss British Israelism
>out of hand because of its strong anti-Semitic connections (one of the
>premises is that the people who call themselves Jews today really
>aren't and that the Anglo-Saxons are the "real" Jews). The Tibetan
>connection is based on a proven forgery from the late 19th C.

The myth of Jesus travelling to GB doesn't have as much to do with British
Israelism (the father of the American Religious Right--mothers can't carry
that much weight after all) as British Israelists would like the world to
believe...

Of course, even if Jesus DID disappear in the wilderness of GB for 18 years
and then TRAVELLED BACK to Israel to start a ministry, it has nothing to do
with typography.

Now, if someone would care to point out how J. Gutenberg was really the
Messiah's second coming...

                              <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
     <http://www.netaxs.com/people/cratagus/homepage.html>
<snailto:Allen Marshall, PO Box 14, Beverly, NJ 08010 USA>