I can't recollect ever seeing "Thank you" hyphenated.

As noted "Thankyou" is occasionally seen in UK writing. I was taught/brought
up to consider it a solecism.
=============================
ALPHABETIC ORDER
Terri Gregory quotes James Souttar and writes:

>It seems reasonable to me to suppose that religious or mythological
significance was more important to the compliers of these alphabets
than mathematical or commercial usage.<

     Why? I'd think commercial, a kind of everyday use, would be more
important than a religious one. Why make things more complicated than they
need to be? Have you heard of Occam's Razor? It's usually the simplest
reasons that are true, not something "laden with meaning."  A higher meaning
usually gets tacked on after the use has been established, don't you think?
--------end of quotes----------------------

The alphabet is supposed to have been invented by priests who kept
temple/city accounts. Representing numbers by using the first nine letters
for 1 to 9, the next nine for 10 to 90, and the rest for the first few
hundreds, also seems to be early. We find it in Hebrew and Greek. (In
writing numbers Classical Greek kept two letters which were no longer used
for spelling.)

David (the idiot) Ibbetson

David Ibbetson           Phone:    (416) 363-6692
133 Wilton Street, #506  Fax:      (416) 363-4987
Toronto, Ontario         Internet: [log in to unmask]
Canada   M5A 4A4