Dear all,

This has nothing to do with AFRIK-IT but I just wanted to share my story.

Recently, I saw an advert for a job with Save the Children in Ethiopia that I felt I was well qualified. I sent my application form as required.
Two weeks later my wife (who is English) phones their office to enquire about the appliction and she was told that they have shortlisted for interview. A week later I phoned the office as I did not hear from them. I was told that they have not shortlisted. When I told them that my wife had phoned and was informed about the sortlist then they told me  that I was not in the shortlist.

How did they know that I was not in the list with out asking my name? Probably
by my accent!!!

Menghestab Haile