Greetings Afrik-ITers!  (and a few others...)

You will have seen a notice here about a public meeting to be held in
Washington on April 3.  There is also a workshop to be held in
Washington on March 26.  Both have to do with providing guidance to
US Government agencies and departments on information policy,
particularly in Africa.

If you are not planning to attend, consider using the Afrik-IT forum
as a place to make comments -- I hope the Afrik-IT owners won't
mind!  Many persons associated with the above two events check here
regularly.  I'll do what I can to assure that comments posted here
get heard in the right places.

Feel free to pass this or other relevant announcements on to other
relevant forums.  Afrik-IT is the only one I personally read these
days. I'm also sending this notice to my (incomplete) mailing list
of African service providers.  For those who are not participants of
Afrik-IT, you can pass your comments through me if you like.

Jeff @ Washington, DC USA

AfricaLink -- http://www.info.usaid.gov/alnk
Tel 1-703-235-5415
Fax 1-703-235-3805